Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sick day

Monday night, Nora woke up crying around 1:30. Jason went to check on her and she said, "Daddy, my brain hurts!" She didn't really need anything, though, so she went back to bed. 15 minutes later, Jason was asleep and I heard her whimpering. It wasn't even the type of whimpering I would necessarily check on normally (could have been just sleep noises), but for some reason I decided to go in there and see what was up. I went in and asked her what was wrong, and she said, "I want my daddy." So I picked her up to bring her to our bedroom, and in the hallway she puked on me, and on the floor. By the way, I'm looking forward to the day when puke goes in the toilet at least some of the time. I called for Jason and he took her into the bathroom and instructed her to try to puke into the toilet, but she was like, "What?! No! Why!?" And by that time she was done, anyway.

After we got everyone cleaned up, she was feeling a lot better. We got in my bed and she was in my lap and I told her she couldn't go to school the next day. She said, "But I'm all better! Or it will make me all better if I go to school!" I told her no, she needed to stay home, because she didn't want to get anyone else sick, did she? And she said, "Yes I do." Then she said, "But I can still go to gymnastics...?" Her head was in my lap and she was looking into my eyes. I said, "No, honey, probably not..." and her little eyes welled up with tears. Poor kiddo. Tuesday was the first day of class, and one of her favorite little friends is in the class with her. She was really looking forward to it.

Yesterday we stayed home all day, and Nora was her energetic self all day long. She watched too much TV (my bad), but she also nurtured her dolls and stuffed animals and wheeled them around the house in a stroller. She took them all to the "'Quarium," as she calls it. Late in the afternoon, I was debating letting her go to gymnastics since she was feeling better, but I asked a friend for advice about whether I should send her and warily decided that it was better safe than sorry, so she stayed home.

Today is another "better safe than sorry" day. She woke up with a cough and a fever of 99.9, but she apparently feels like a million bucks. She is bummed about missing school. We're both a little bit bored. I'm a bit of a homebody, so we've spent plenty of days at home in the past, but it's frustrated to feel like we can't leave, even if we wanted to. I'm not very inspired today, but I need to come up with something to do. I might actually have to clean something...

No comments:

Post a Comment