Friday, July 8, 2011

Turntable

One of my recent preoccupations has been the new site Turntable.fm. It's a streaming music site where you can play DJ in one of many themed "rooms." I like hanging out in the folk rooms, but there's a room for most varieties of popular music, and if you don't see one you like, you can create one.

The selection at Turntable is currently very user-driven. You can even upload your own songs if the ones you want to play aren't already in the system. The site is in beta right now and I suspect it will be greatly more restricted by the time it's all said and done, but in the meantime, there's a great energy there, and a spirit of genre-bending and exploration. I'm more excited about listening to new music than I have been in a while.

http://turntable.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment