Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Yep, looks a lot like Christmas around here. Good thing since it's less than a week away. How did this happen? I swear it crept up on me even faster than usual this year, even though I did most of my shopping over a month ago. We've had about a dozen unopened UPS packages sitting on our guest bed for weeks now. This week I've been opening the boxes, sorting what's what (I had to consult my list as I'd forgotten what I bought for some people!) and wrapping things. The good news about waiting this long to wrap is that, if you go to Party City, they have adorable gift bags and they're 50% off. The bad news is that I have company coming to town in four days and let's just say there's a lot to get done between now and then. Wrapping is probably the least of it.

I even braved Ikea and Target today to pick up "a few last minute items," which turned into a shopping spree the likes of which I have never seen before. Seriously, I don't think I have ever seen a total as high as my total at Target today, outside of purchasing major appliances. Needless to say, we are very grateful to be able to afford to buy gifts for all of our friends and family, especially knowing how so many others are struggling this year. We feel very, very blessed to have such a happy and healthy family.

On tap for this week: church tomorrow (Jason playing the Christmas cantata), though Nora and I might stay home because she was sick today, we'll see; wrapping galore; massive planning and shopping for Christmas dinner; hosting some friends for dinner Monday night; Christmas Eve services and dinner with my parents Wednesday night; Thursday is Christmas! Woohoo! Oh, and I may have to take Nora in to the pediatrician because of her illness. I suspect an ear infection. Somehow in all of this we would still like to do the Pink Pig, and I really want to take Nora to skate at Centennial Olympic Park, although I'm not sure how that will work since neither one of us is much of an ice skater. I mean, I'll get out there and give it a go, I just don't know how much help I will be to Nora when she needs it. We're heading to Pensacola Saturday or Sunday, I'm not sure which yet, but we're looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Ho ho ho! See most of you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment