Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow days (and days and?)

It's going on three months since I've updated. We've been really busy, but I've finally run out of excuses. We're snowed in! Or rather, iced in. We had a beautiful snowfall Sunday night and now the roads are basically impassible. Most recently there was melting, but we're expecting another hard freeze, so who knows how long this could go on? Jason hasn't had to work for the past two days, but of course we're taking things one day at a time.

We have played games, snuggled, watched movies, played online (me), wrapped our socks in plastic bags, crunched in the snow, made snow cream, made a teeny tiny snow man, read books, and done laundry. Two days in and it just now occurs to me that I could have been using this time to do one million things that need to be done around the house, but, well, maybe I'll do that if we're still snowed in tomorrow.

We are sort of settled in our new house, but organizing is not my strength so we have a ways to go. Can we say work in progress? Nora is still loving preschool. Anneliese is still loving her mommy and daddy more than anything else, although she's starting to dig some of the neat toys she got for Christmas. She'll be having a birthday next month, in February. My little snow baby, born on a day just like today. Awwww.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Wow, I can't believe Anneliese is almost a year old already! Stay safe through all that weather. (((hugs)))

Unknown said...

A year already!? Holy cow. Happy Birthday Anneliese!!

Blair said...

Thanks, guys! She still has one more month. Maybe I will actually do a bday post. :)

Post a Comment