Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quick update

I had my "diabetes appointment" today. The treatment protocol seems to be very similar to my last practice's, which is good because I know what to expect. I just got my testing materials tonight and we'll see how my sugars are behaving. My numbers after a very carby dinner were fine, but it's the fasting blood sugar that's always been a challenge for me. I'm just going to have to wait and see.

I didn't really care for the doctor. He was professional and I think he gave good info, I just didn't care for his bedside manner. Normally I could get over that, but because the management is pretty intensive (I'll see this doctor as much or more as my regular OB) I would be working with him pretty closely. I'm considering trying to switch to my former perinatologist again. This may be a pain because certain peri groups like to work with certain OBs, but if I decide to do it I hope I can make it happen.

I did have an ultrasound today; thanks to a generous friend, Jason was able to be there! He was planning to be there, but Nora's preschool was canceled this morning because of the flooding in Atlanta (which, thankfully, has not directly affected us). If Nora had come with us to the appointment, she would not have been allowed back, but my friend Lindsay offered to watch her for a couple of hours while we went to the appointment, so that worked out well. Everything they saw looked great. It's really amazing what great detail they're able to view via ultrasound. The only thing they didn't see was one arm--the baby was lying on it. Also, the legs were closed so we didn't get to confirm the sex, although they did have a guess. I'll have more ultrasounds as part of my diabetes management, so we'll make an announcement when we know the sex with more certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment