Tuesday, September 1, 2009

As I mentioned, tomorrow is the parents' night for Nora's preschool. Friday she gets to go and check out the classroom, and Tuesday she starts school! This seems like such a long time coming. It's definitely been a long time since the cold Saturday morning in January when Jason got up early to stand in line, and the weeks afterward when we worried because we had been wait-listed for our first choice. Nora is more than half a year older now! That's a lot for a three year old. Public school and many other preschools started a month ago, but next week it's Nora's turn!

Tomorrow morning is my glucose test. Blah. My friend Dara asked me if I was nervous. I'm not nervous, just, I don't know. Annoyed? I want to get it over with. I'm not very confident about passing, so it seems futile. And if I pass this time, I'll just have to do it again later. Right now I'm fasting for tomorrow morning's test. I can't have anything by mouth. Not even water! It's going to be a long 12 hours until the test starts. They even told me to bring my toothbrush because I'm not supposed to brush my teeth in the morning. Yuck. I'm also feeling slightly hassled, because I have to get up extra early to bring Nora to the drop-off daycare where I take her for my appointments. I'm glad to have a place to take her, not so glad it's in Tucker. Starting next week, of course, I'll schedule as many of my appointments as possible while she's in school.

I'm excited about the weather getting cold. I don't know when it's going to happen for real, but they're selling Pumpkin Spice lattes at Starbucks, so it's got to be sooner or later! I'm thinking about how my baby will be coming when it's cold. It's still a long way away, but it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment